Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Vacation! Accomplishing things...

It's Christmas vacation at the Sweet Savage household which means NO SCHOOL! That used to only excite the Sweet Savages, but now that I homeschool 6, nobody looks forward to a day or week off more than I do. I've had some projects that I've wanted to accomplish for a long time. One is to catch up on my kids' scrapbook pages. (Everytime one has a birthday, I do a 2-page spread of the best pictures of them for the year) This week, I did Hosanna and Jubilee's pages. I still have my 1 September kid and 2 October and now 1 December to do, but I'm making progress.



Here is a shot of Jubilee's I finished this week.






Another project that I've wanted to try. (My friends IRL, no snickering)....is a monogrammed and name shirt for my little man. I saw shirts online for as much as $40+ for 1 t-shirt with a kids initial or name on it w/ applique. I'm way too cheap, um frugal to spend that, and despite my totally pathetic sewing skills, I decided to give it a try. With less than $10 invested for 2 shirts, ($3 shirts from Wal Mart and $3 in Heat n Bond and $2 in scrap material bin) I figured I had nothing to lose. I did the easy, first initial shirt today. Nobody would ever consider spending $40 on it, but I think my sweet, new 12 month old will love his new "G."



My next attempt later in the week will be a tan shirt with red letters with his whole name actually spelled out. YIKES. Sounds a lot harder.



Here is the finished product.



3 comments:

  1. I think it's actually cute. :) I love to sew but have never tried this particular craft. I adore the look of the initials though. Can't wait to see the full name. :)
    Christine @ Live to Learn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't see a single piece of hair in it either! Way to go! LOLOLOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go my otherwise known as'uncrafty' friend!

    ReplyDelete