Thursday, January 21, 2016

ADD is just another way to spell BOYS!!!

I recently read this article entitled School ADD Isn’t Homeschool ADD .   I loved the article and wanted to share it and comment on it for other parents who find themselves a parent to.....a BOY!!! 



I've talked to 2 moms lately who have "ADD Kids" are are frustrated. Please read this article. From experience with my 5 sons, let me just say that almost all boys fit the description of "ADD." Even my oldest son, who was reading at 3, fit the description we read in a medical journal when he was a preschooler. We just laughed because the article was describing, well, BOYS! We are thankful we homeschooled our house full of boys (and girls), because a little boy is just not meant to sit at a desk all day long. They need to be jumping and wiggling and dancing and making noise. That doesn't work in a classroom.
My 2nd son just wasn't catching on to reading at 5. The more I made him sit still, the more he got frustrated with sounding out 3 letter words. I finally caught on and let him do his phonics by jumping off the couch onto a huge bean bag every time he got a word right. Within the week he was reading his little Bob Books!!!! He learns best with noise and music still at 18. My 2 oldest "ADD kids" scored 35 and 31 on their ACT tests. I hate to think what label or medication they might have been put on in a different environment. Set the little boys free from desks!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment