Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Eating the Fruit of the Spirit?


Photo By en:User:Daderot. - First uploaded to en:wiki on 5 Apr 2005.

So, this post is a bit off the wall.   I woke up last night at 3:31am, and I felt like I should pray for one of my dear friends.  While praying for her, a thought struck me that I had never thought of before.   Because of Christ in me, the fruit of the Spirit of God also fills me...so because of this position in Christ I can live my life FULL of : love, joy, peace, long-suffering (patience), kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.

So the Bible says that if we are Christ-followers, we WILL bear fruit. (evidence in our life that Christ has become our Lord.)
"Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit.  Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.  Therefore by their fruits you will know them." --Matthew 7:17-20
Those who are Christ-followers have fruit.  But fruit is not meant to just hang on trees.  That's when it hit me!  Can someone really EAT the Fruit of the Spirit?    So I ran to Google (later in the morning after I woke up again) and typed in :  "can you eat the fruit of the spirit"  and would you believe...Google had NO idea!!!!!!

So I thought about it!!!  WE are called to represent Christ to the world!  What does the world who doesn't know Christ NEED?  Do they need LOVE?  Uh yeah!  How about JOY?  Yup!  PEACE?  Definitely!!!  PATIENCE? Yep!  KINDNESS, GOODNESS, FAITHFULNESS, GENTLENESS, SELF-CONTROL?  YES, Yes, Yes, Yes Yes!!!!

Where can those who don't have those fruit FIND it?  Well, since they are found in CHRIST alone, you can reason to say that Christ-followers should exhibit these fruit MOST in their lives in our culture!!!  (Not cause we're so amazing (quite the contrary!) but only because Christ who lives IN us shows His nature THROUGH our lives..it's nothing we do but all about what HE does!!!)

So, if you've got fruit...don't let it ROT on your tree....I don't believe that God gives us fruit to rot or to eat just ourselves but to share it to a needy and dying world who NEEDS these very FRUITS in their lives too!    

It says in Psalm 34:8,   "Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in Him." We are Christ to this world. Let the world "taste and see" our fruit that God has given us so they can know of His goodness!!!

So...go on....let your fruit be shared with this lost and dying world. They have no hope without Jesus...and the world NEEDS this fruit!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment