Tuesday, January 26, 2010

10 1/2 down...8 1/2 to go!


I finally got motivated since Gilead hit his first birthday. I was sick of the extra weight and decided to just get rid of it. I've done this post partum weight loss 7 times now, some more successful than others. It is not on my list of things I love to do. I really prefer to eat whatever I want, have daily cappucchino and chocolate and pretend my treadmill wasn't sitting there in my living room calling my name. Thanks to an online friend who offered some of us to do a 6 week weight loss program with her, I bit the bullet and started the EAT TO LIVE plan on 1/1/10.

I had never heard of it before, but when she told me that it is centered around just eating super healthy fruits/veggies and beans, and that she typically lost 20-25lbs in 6 weeks, I knew it was for me. I truly do like to eat healthy.

The first week, I lost 5. By 3 weeks, I had lost 10. I'm on day 26 now and have lost 10 1/2. I'm pretty happy with that amount so far. My goal is 8 1/2 more pounds--that would put me at the weight I was when I found out I was expecting Aslan, almost 15 yrs ago.

I'm already less than I have been in 6 years now. It feels so good.

Those of you who are like me and know you need to lose weight and know you'd feel better, let me just encourage you to DO IT. Use any method you want, but DO IT.

I think back at if I had made 1 more excuse 26 days ago, I'd still weigh 10 1/2lbs more than I do now. It hasn't all been fun, but it's been worth it. I'm motivated to get the last few pounds off now! I see results!

The book as a whole was very motivating to read. It really re-opened my eyes to the fact that what we eat truly determines our overall health. So many of the diseases American's deal with are not a fluke of genetics, but a shoveling of the fork.

High blood pressure, diabetes (type 2), many auto immune diseases, many cancers, anxiety, hormone imbalances etc etc.
My theme verse for this month has been:
1 Corinthians 10:31
So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

1 comment:

  1. Misti,
    I needed this post (push) today..your such and encouragement!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete